I’m always looking for more natural skin care options. Many of the big brand options aren’t truly natural even though they market themselves as such. And a few others that I’ve tried tend to feel thick, goopy or like my skin can’t breath.
I have had the opportunity to research and learn a lot about Miessence over the past few months. I am very impressed with the purity and simplicity of ingredients. Here are their claims about the product ingredients:
- 100% guaranteed integrity – all products are certified to independent third-party organic standards (ACO, USDA, BFA).
- 100% pure – no toxic synthetics in any of our products.
- 100% beneficial – every ingredient is beneficial for you, your skin and the planet.
- 100% potent – 100% active ingredients, no fillers or bulking agents.
- Cold formulation – protects the potency, vitality and freshness of ingredients to ensure bio-available nutrients are delivered to your skin for maximum effect.
- No tap water – we use organic aloe vera juice as our base.
- Hand made fresh monthly – delivered directly to your door.
I had the opportunity to sample all four types of Miessence skin care products. Let me tell you more about my experience:
- Purifying – For oily or problem skin. To me, these products felt more astringent. When I used them, I felt like I just left the spa with a fresh facial. It felt squeaky clean and great. But, I think if I used them every day, it would dry my skin too much.
- Revitalizing- For mature dry skin. I’m not sure I’m old enough to have mature skin (at least I hope I’m not!), but I did spend a good amount of my childhood in the sun, and I love hot showers, so my skin does get very dry. This ended up being my favorite type. The moisturizer was very light weight, not greasy at all, and really did make me feel younger!
- Balancing – For normal/combination skin. I don’t have as much to say about this type. It worked just fine, but nothing really stood out for me.
- Soothing – For sensitive skin. I’m a little surprised this one didn’t work the best for me. My skin has always been very sensitive. But, I think because the products are all so pure, they are all very gentle.
Initially I found two downsides to these products:
- The cleanser required at least two applications to remove makeup. I do not wear a lot of makeup, but I almost always have at least mascara on. It took 2, occasionally 3 washings to completely remove the mascara. The package even says that a second wash may be necessary to remove makeup. UPDATE: Now 2 months into using these products daily, I only need to wash once to remove all my mascara. I realized that I was rubbing from my top eyelid down toward my cheeks. So, I was ending up with raccoon eyes. Once I started to gently rub under my eyes, side to side, I was able to easily remove all the makeup.
- It is a 3 step process: Cleanse, skin condition, moisturize. The cleansers are made with Yucca extract, not soaps or detergents. The conditioners feed the skin with nutrients in water soluble botanical and the moisturizers provide a protective barrier against free radicals and moisture loss. This is one more step than what I was used to and as a busy mom, that extra few seconds counts. For the most part, I have gotten used to this as well, but there are days that I still feel lazy about it.
These are my favorite things about the products, aside from the obvious fantastic ingredient list:
- You use the same products during the day as you do at night, so that definitely simplifies things.
- The products are very concentrated, so you only need to use a little. For example, a pea size squirt of moisturizer is enough to cover your whole face.
The eye and neck cream and the ambrosia essence are also amazing products…I could go on and on! But, even better, you should try some for yourself. After about a month of using the products and researching the company, I fell in love and decided to become a rep! So, you can contact me directly if you have questions about or want to try any products. Visit my website to see all of the amazing product options: http://www.miessence.com/pureessentials/en/
If you want to learn more about skin health, natural skin products, and understanding labels, there are two free webinars coming up:
Click here to RSVP for the webinars.
I’m also starting a monthly Miessence newsletter, which will feature ingredient comparisons between conventional and Miessence products, my favorite products, and I’ll be offering discounts as well. Click here to sign up for the newsletter. As a special offer to my awesome readers, I’m giving away Miessence gift certificates. Just place an order of $150 or more between now and January 31, 2014 and I’ll send you a $25 gift card to use on a future order. (Keep in mind that $150 is enough to qualify you as a Lifestyle Member, giving you 20% off this and all future orders, so you really only need to pay $120 to take advantage of this offer!)